To manage and ensure supply of parts in the most cost-effective way, including transfer of current parts and the on-boarding of new suppliers and parts for new projects.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of Finished Products.
- Adhere strictly to company policies and procedure.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of all production processes and quality management systems within the company.
- Process Customer demand and follow through on sales orders to meet targeted services levels.
- Prepare/issue weekly, monthly, and quarterly production plans to meet customer demand.
- Place Purchase Orders to support production plans.
- Ensure continuity of supply of materials in a cost-effective manner.
- Liaise with quality for Vendor selections and audits.
- Support the purchase of consumables.
- Ensure timely escalation and elimination of roadblocks.
- Ensure all Syspro master data, including pricing, is kept up to date and present regular reports displaying same.
- Support accounts payable to ensure timely invoicing and with any invoice queries.
- Other work as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Experience in purchasing, production control and supply chain management.
- Experience of MRP system.
- Relevant professional training/qualifications would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Must be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to mitigate any business risk within area of responsibility.
- Excellent planning and organising ability with good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel / Good Powerpoint skills).
- Strong Analytical skills, with demonstrated capability in the areas of data analysis and report generation.